VM Ware Wintel Administrator(L3 Engineer) - Chennai
Salary : 15-30% hike on previous salary
Notice period : 15 -30 days
Education, Experience & other requirements :
1. 7-9 Years of Proven experience as a Wintel Administrator
2. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
3. Good troubleshooting skills for Wintel Systems, Knowledge in hardening and securing of Wintel Systems.
4. Responsible for new Windows-based Systems Infrastructure project implementations 5. Manage, support and maintain customers’ infrastructure including: HPE Servers, Dell Servers, vSphere ESXi Clusters
6. Knowledge on Microsoft Clustering Technology
7. Candidate needs to possess excellent diagnostics skills and a good ability to resolve problems quickly.
8. Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex technical issues
9. Candidate must possess strong technical competence in the fundamentals of troubleshooting hardware/software along with the people skills needed to successfully support the growing needs of client and project management in infrastructure setup.
10. Good understanding on ITL Processes
11. Provide Support and handle all Systems Infrastructure related issues.
12. Candidates having Certifications in the following products would be added advantage: Microsoft: MCSA/MCSE VMware: VCP/VCAP
Roles & Responsibilities Selected engineer's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Responsible for operational and technical support to ensure stability and optimization of the Windows environment.
2. Managing Windows physical servers and virtual infrastructure on VMware and Hyper V platforms, to ensure high availability.
3. To Build and commission Physical Windows and ESX Servers, Creating DRS & HA Clusters, Templates cloning and deploying VM’s as per management guidelines.
4. Create and managing VMs in Oracle Virtual Sever through OVM
5. Upgrade server’s firmware versions and monitor server’s physical hardware status for any alerts.
6. Provide L2 Support and Maintaining Multiple Wintel and VMware environment consisting of Data Centre’s in multiple locations diverse environments (Prod, Dev, and Staging)
7. Ensure performance and maintenance of the operating systems on all servers, including enduser support, patching, backup and recovery, process automation, server installation, and configuration.
8. To Handle Incidents and Issues as and when required and recommend remedial, preventive measures and carry out RCA.
9. Respond to the client's change request.
10. Performing Backup & Data Restore management, Storage, and File system.
11. Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools which allows to identify technical issues in the network and resolve network issues.
12. Provide Support and handle all systems infrastructure related issues.
Skills:- VMWARE ESXi, VMware vSphere and Clustering