Headquarters: Aarhus, Denmark
Join us as our inaugural DevOps/Platform Engineer and set the stage for our Platform's future! Up until now, we've navigated without a dedicated DevOps/Platform engineer, presenting a unique opportunity for you to not only propel us forward but also significantly shape our approach. We envision you embracing this role with zeal, taking charge of our platform's reliability, security, and scalability. If you're growth-driven, passionate about your work, and thrive on bringing fresh ideas to life, you're the ideal candidate for us.
What We're Looking For
- A minimum of 3 years in engineering roles, focusing on DevOps or platform engineering.
- Profound knowledge of AWS, cloud automation tools like Terraform, containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes), ELK stack, MySQL and SQL Server databases, configuration management systems (Puppet), and monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana).
- Strong expertise in networking, documentation, web technologies (including HTTP caching, Linux OS, Elasticsearch).
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, and the ability to use monitoring and metrics for operational advancements.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) and a standout performer in a remote-first work environment.
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer) are a significant bonus.
- Familiarity with .Net Framework (C#).
- A robust grasp of deployment processes via GitHub.
- Keen interest in embracing and implementing AI tooling.
As our pioneering DevOps/Platform Engineer, you will lead and implement our platform infrastructure, collaborating with our Platform Tech-lead and development team. Your day-to-day will include:
- Crafting and maintaining a scalable, highly available cloud infrastructure, perfectly tailored to our needs.
- Automating infrastructure provisioning and configuration using Terraform scripts.
- Streamlining our CI/CD pipelines with Github Workflows for seamless software deployment.
- Managing containerised applications using AWS services (Amazon ECS or EKS) and orchestrating with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Applying Infrastructure as Code principles to manage our infrastructure resources efficiently.
- Developing and overseeing monitoring and logging solutions to ensure peak performance and health of our platform.
- Collaborating closely with development and Service Teams to guarantee minimal downtime and continual operational improvements.
- Crafting and maintaining disaster recovery plans, bolstering the resilience of our cloud-based systems.
- Tackling performance bottlenecks, optimising AWS resources, and incorporating best practices for maximum efficiency.
- Creating and updating technical documentation for our AWS infrastructure, deployment processes, and best practices.
- Taking the helm in developing our DevOps/Platform area in close partnership with our Tech-lead.
At Truestory we want to help people experience more together. Truestory is a curated marketplace built to create and share experiences in Scandinavia. We cater to our customers and our hosts by being a helping hand. Our platform allows customers to find, buy, and book their next experience for themselves or as a gift for someone, while our hosts get exposure and a new customer base. Win-win.
Working at Truestory is full of freedom and challenges that will move you professionally and personally. We have a flat organizational structure with a really ambitious growth plan, but still a goal of keeping things calm. We dont believe in burning the midnight oil – we believe in balance and in being “good at home”, in order to be good at work. All of this while still delivering great results and constantly moving the bar and improving key metrics.
What We Offer
Remote-First Culture: We relish the flexibility and convenience of working from anywhere.
Career Growth: Seize the opportunity to lead and reshape our entire DevOps & Platform engineering unit.
Collaborative Team: Thrive in an environment where teamwork and collective achievements are celebrated.
A Team of Dedicated Individuals: Join forces with a group of highly motivated people, all committed to excellence and ownership.
Facts About the Position
- Full-time (37 hours weekly).
- Remote-first, with the option to work from our Aarhus office.
- Salary range: €3,800 - €6,400 per month.
- Applications deadline: 15.01.2024.
We're excited to hear your story and understand your expertise in DevOps/Platform engineering.
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com
with “DevOps at Truestory” as the subject.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/truestory-platform-engineer