A BIT ABOUT US
Appknox is one of the top Mobile Application security companies recognized by Gartner and G2. A profitable B2B SaaS startup headquartered in Singapore & working from Bengaluru.
The primary goal of Appknox is to help businesses and mobile developers secure their mobile applications with a focus on delivery speed and high-quality security audits.
Our business includes Fortune 500 companies with Major brands spread across regions like India, South-East Asia, Middle East, Japan, US, and expanding rapidly.
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer - Frontend who, along with our excellent software development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
We have built some Microservices, Device Farms (Android & iOS) & IDE Plugins with Python/Django, Node, Java, and Ember to help developers and enterprises automatically detect and fix security loopholes in their Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) / IoT Apps within a few minutes.
Our major Frontend stack includes EmberJS, but we also work with ReactJS, and VueJS and even experiment with other frontend frameworks.
We have been a major contributor to the open-source community and you can find our contribution in our Github profile https://github.com/appknox
You don’t need to know anything about security to apply for this position as we have experienced security professionals on board who will help you.
We are very picky about hiring. Because the core members will set the engineering culture that the entire tech team will follow in the future.
We prefer to have incredibly high standards and to hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at the highest level every day.
- Working on a disruptive product in Security Domain
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices.
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules and maintainability of the code.
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale.
- Review and optimize app usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively.
- Responsible for driving innovation in Software Development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with the latest features
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Frontend Engineer or Software Developer - Frontend
- Sound knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiar with ES6 / ESNext syntaxes and concepts
- Familiar with UI layouts, SASS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Passionate to create good design and usability
- Knowledge of EmberJS & ReactJS is a plus
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Ability to translate UI designs from Figma and other tools to functional components
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in SPA designs.
- Involved in the process of story points.
Within 1 month
- Understanding the requirements, creating a plan of action
- Develop in collaboration with the backend team
- You will be writing testable frontend code
- You will also be working on GraphQL/REST-based APIs
- Translate UI design to functional components
Within 3 months
- Switching to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Work in Agile Methodology
- Product Documentation
- Bug fixes, Maintenance, and Technical Support
Within 6 months
- Going forward the role will eventually take full ownership of the technical aspects of the specific product.
- maintaining other products
Personality traits we really admire:-
- A confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and a sense of humor, is an added advantage.
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Has attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follows timelines and absolute commitment to deadlines.
- Round 1 Interview - Profile Evaluation
- Round 2 Interview - Lead Frontend Engineer
- Round 3 Interview - Technical Founder
- Round 4 Interview - HR
Please be aware that all your customers are Enterprises and Fortune 500 companies.
Why Join Us:-
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who enjoys challenging work & pushing your boundaries, then this is the right place for you. We appreciate new ideas & ownership as well as flexibility with working hours.
- Great Salary & Equity: We keep up with the market standards & provide pay packages considering updated standards. Also as Appknox continues to grow, you’ll have a great opportunity to earn more & grow with us. Moreover, we also provide equity options for our top performers.
- Holistic Growth: We foster a culture of continuous learning and take a much more holistic approach to train and develop our assets: the employees. We shall also support you all on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: Being a part of a start-up is an amazing experience, one of the reasons being the open communication & transparency at multiple levels. Working with Appknox will allow you to experience it all firsthand.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance coverage up to 5 Lacs for you and your family including your parents.