Senior Software Engineer - PHP (WordPress)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with solid experience in both PHP and on WordPress. We are looking for a person who is open to new challenges, willing to learn and mentor others, always looking to improve and above all someone who takes pride in their work.
- Understand product requirements and create technical specs for the tasks.
- Create new and/or develop existing custom plugins to provide technical solutions for Product/Editorial asks.
- Embrace WordPress philosophy and coding standards, software engineering best practices and implement them across all codebases under your purview.
- Collaborate with Product and Editorial management, communicate complex technical intricacies to them and act as a subject matter expert advising them on best technical implementations.
- Perform effective peer code reviews.
- be legally authorised to work in India.
- have solid understanding of software engineering principles in the context of web development.
- be fluent with modern PHP (v7+) backed by 7+ years of experience.
- have an understanding of WordPress internals backed by 3+ years of experience developing custom solutions built on WordPress.
- have an understanding of WP REST API.
- have a strong understanding of MySQL/MariaDB or any other RDBMS.
- be experienced in writing performant code which is easy to read and maintain.
- have an eye for detail and ability to plan ahead.
- have empathy for peers and co-workers, being able to understand others' perspective and ability to work with them.
Bonus points for experience with
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- Agile way of working
- WordPress as a Headless CMS using REST API and/or GraphQL
- SASS, React.js, Next.js
- Working on large scale/enterprise WordPress implementations (websites that receive 1+ million hits per month)
- Unit testing (especially PHPUnit)
- WordPress VIP
Extra Bonus points if you have
- developed and/or contributed to open source WordPress/other projects.
- contributed to WordPress core.
- presented talks at one or more WordCamps and/or if you organize your local WordPress meetup.
What we provide
Skills:- MySQL, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Wordpress and MariaDB
- A great & empathetic work environment.
- Generous paid time off.
- Health insurance for yourself, your spouse and your children.
- 100% Remote if that is what you want. You can work from anywhere as long as you have stable power & internet connection. Our engineering team is distributed all over the country and we make use of WeWork locations a lot. If you want, we will set you up with a pass for a WeWork location near you.