Job Description FEV is currently hiring for a Product Owner of High Impact Tutoring. In this role, you will spearhead the development of a transformative K-12 education online tutoring product that drives measurable academic outcomes with priority schools and students and propels FEV Tutor to become the #1 direct-to-district tutoring provider in the United States. This role reports to the Product Innovation Lead.
Who Will Succeed At This Job
● Embrace the product vision – Envision the product before it is built and guide the scrum team for product backlog management.
● Extremely Communicative - A cross-functional leader with outstanding communication skills; both written and oral, to internal and external stakeholders
● Problem solver – Ability to sort issues that arise while developing the product
● Collaborative teammate – Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including developers, designers, QA as well as the FEV global leadership team
● Customer-first – envision and understand customers’ expectations of the product.
● Agile mindset - Understanding of agile methodologies and frameworks to manage product backlog, plan and conduct sprint reviews, and work effectively with the Scrum team.
● Data-driven – Draw insights from product data and uses them to prioritize features and improve the product
● Visionary Leader – Ability to lead in the face of uncertainty and take decisions with ownership
What You Will Do
● You take responsibility to be the customer voice for your scrum team(s)
● You take responsibility to ensure that your scrum team (s) work focuses on minimum viable product (MVP) that creates maximum value and is aligned with overall product strategy
● Own creation of user stories along with your scrum team. Own Acceptance Criteria for owned user stories.
● Provide scrum team backlog management, iteration/sprint planning, and elaboration/grooming of the features
● Work on UI/UX part of the product
● Work as part of and with cross-functional scrum teams and various stakeholders, including design/user experience, test engineering, system engineering and user experience
● Prepare Team(s) backlog along with scrum team for Program Increment Planning. Drive” Definition of Ready” for user stories and features before Program Increment Planning
● Work with Scrum team(s) and RTE, QA and product manager to adequately help in feature refinements for purpose of program increment (PI) planning and PI roadmap planning
● Managing and prioritizing the product backlog.
● Serving as a liaison between product and development.
● Translating product managers' strategies to tasks for development.
● Promotes DevOps technical practices
● Experience in Requirements Engineering and feature definition activities
● Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Product Owner within the Ed-tech industry
● Working experience in tools like Azure DevOps, JIRA, Confluence
● A gained experience in agile development (e.g., SAFe, SCRUM).
● Should be good in working on UI/UX segment of the product
● Works collaboratively with stakeholders with passion for impacting K - 12 Education
● Ability to work as an individual contributor and a team player.
● Excellent fluency in English to collaborate with stakeholders and international colleagues.
● Strong analytical and results-oriented mindset
● Excellent communication, facilitation, and coordination skills; working with intercultural and interdisciplinary teams comes easily to you.
● Possessing a SAFe or Scrum certification would be an added advantage.
FEV Tutor is edtech company focused on student outcomes
FEV Tutor was founded to make high-quality online instruction available to as many kids as possible.
We are a B2B virtual tutoring business that provides 1:1 and small group tutoring to predominantly disadvantaged and at-risk K-12 students in the U.S.
● Critical Solve for Pandemic Disruption: FEV offers a critical solution to the sustained learning loss and teacher shortages caused by the pandemic – helping students and teachers. The impact of our high dosage tutoring on student outcomes is measurable and clear.
● Solutions Built by and for Educators: We are educators ourselves and involve our students’ teachers, administrators, parents, and families in the creation of innovative tutoring programs that serve as a natural extension of the student's core classroom.
● Poised for Growth with Exceptional People: We were just acquired by a PE firm called Alpine Investors and are poised to grow. Alpine Investors is a people-driven private equity firm that is committed to building enduring companies by working with, learning from, and developing exceptional people.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion At FEV Tutor
At FEV Tutor, we believe a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DE&I”) is integral to hiring exceptional people and creating an enduring business. To inspire growth, we strive to create an organization where every individual is celebrated, heard, valued, and empowered to reach their full potential. These beliefs and actions are true to FEV’s People First philosophy, which is rooted in how we invest, hire, and show up day in and day out. We will continuously look for ways to improve and evolve in our ever-changing world and we are committed to ensuring FEV Tutor is one of the best places to work for all by creating diverse teams, strengthening our culture of inclusion, and giving everyone an equitable opportunity to succeed. FEV Tutor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Skills:- Product owner, User Interface (UI) Design, User Experience (UX) Design, Microsoft Windows Azure, JIRA Agile, confluence, Virtual Technical Assisstant, uat, Blasmiq, Figma, Product board, User stories, Release notes and Backlog refining
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.