ScrapingBee is a web scraping API that simplifies the extraction of data from the web. The company was founded in 2019 by Pierre de Wulf and Kevin Sahin. After funding in 2020 by TinySeed, ScrapingBee is profitable and growing strongly. The team consists of the two founders, as well as Etienne: lead developer, Camille: web scraping engineer and Nizar support engineer and chief of support.
Support has always been a key differentiating factor between ScrapingBee and its competitor, and we need help to delight our 1000+ customers.
The Level 1 Support team plays an integral role in the customer lifecycle and is often the initial point of contact for customers and content viewers encountering technical issues.
As an L1 support engineer, your main missions will be:
- Help existing ScrapingBee customers with their issues (65%)
- Conduct initial triage on support issues, resolving them when possible and escalating others to the appropriate teams
- Ensure all issues and resolutions are documented in our help desk software
- Understands and fix all non-technical issues with our users: quote, billing issue, logging issue
- Communicate with customers, mainly via live chat (Crisp) in English.
- Help new users understand how ScrapingBee can help with their existing web scraping use case. Most of the time, it means having to write some small scraping scripts using “hard-to-use” ScrapingBee features. (25%)
- Update our knowledge base, processes, and documentation. Please communicate with the team some product improvements that could help our users. (10%)
Tools you will likely use daily:
- Slack for internal communication
- Crisp (live chat) for communication with customers and knowledge base
- Paw/Postman to reproduce API calls
- Chargebee (subscription and invoicing)
- 2 years of experience in a similar position
- You have fluent written English.
- By basic knowledge, we mean that answering those questions should be trivial and not necessitate any Google search on your end:
- What is an HTTP GET?
- Give 4 HTTP verbs.
- What is HTML, a SPA, and a proxy?
- What is a CSS selector?
- Why would you ever want to parse HTML?
- You are autonomous and know how to work remotely
- Experience/interest in web scraping (BONUS)
- Knows the basics of Python / NodeJS (BONUS)
- Step 0: you apply by email at “firstname.lastname@example.org” with [support] as a subject, please don’t forget to mention your timezone in the email
- Step 1: 1h / 1h30 call with Nizar (managing support) as he will be your direct manager
- Introduction (15 minutes)
- General web knowledge quiz (30 minutes)
- Q&A (30 minutes)
- Step 2: You’ll receive an example of 5 support tickets by email. We’d like you to answer them in the best way you can.
- Step 3: 1h call with Pierre (co-founder, managing tech and product).
Salary and benefits:
- Work wherever you want
- Contractor-based offer
- Ability to quickly progress the salary and responsibility ladder
To be sure that you’ve read the application all the way to the bottom, please use [support BEE] as a subject for your application email instead of [support] 😉
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/scrapingbee-l1-support-engineer