Rally gives e-commerce merchants the freedom to build a checkout experience that reflects their brand. We support a number of merchants on platforms like BigCommerce and Swell. We are also part of a growing headless commerce ecosystem, playing a critical role in joining a flexible front-end experience with the backend that best suits the merchant.
Our goal is to give merchants the tools to create a seamless checkout experience, connect more deeply with their customers, and significantly impact revenue growth. We appreciate a decentralized ethos, are diving into Web3, and are merchant and revenue-focused, always. Merchants should own their checkout and Rally is here to help them do that.
The Sales Development Representative's responsibilities center around prospecting—predominantly generating leads through outbound emails and cold calling. Important aspects of prospecting that the SDR will own: building successful outbound sequences, identifying new lead sources, and using existing systems to build lead lists.
The SDR will also play a key role in maintaining a clean pipeline view in Hubspot, qualifying inbound leads, ensuring prospects show up to demos, and contributing to the feedback loop between sales and product as well as the rest of the go-to-market function.
This is an exciting and dynamic moment in Rally's growth as a brand and company and this role will be critical in building our customer base. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about all things prospecting—tackling the puzzle that is finding the messaging and method of contact that works across merchants and personas.
The role will
- Identify e-commerce merchants who can benefit most from our solution and figure out the best way to spark their interest
- Create outbound sequences that involve email, cold calling, LinkedIn outreach, and more
- Constantly test and optimize the outbound process
- Communicate learnings from prospects to the rest of the company in support of our go-to-market strategy and product roadmap
- Be the first impression for prospects and thus an important extension of Rally’s brand
- Uncover merchant needs during prospecting and continue discovery by researching a merchant’s current and historic tech stack
- Resourcefulness—you regularly tackle new challenges and have a formula for successfully tackling projects with which you have no prior knowledge or experience
- Self-awareness, empathy, and thoughtfulness
- Organizational skills and a focus on details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to meet important goals and timelines via outstanding time management
- A sense of ownership over your work and how you communicate and work with others
- Relationship building and partnership development skills—our merchant focus and relationship building is noticed and appreciated by our prospects and customers!
- Comfort in the relative chaos of working at an early-stage startup
Bonus if you bring…
- A deep understanding of the e-commerce space. Maybe you have even worked for an e-commerce company before
- Familiarity or interest in learning more about crypto and blockchain applications in commerce
- Experience prospecting for enterprise opportunities
Who we are
We #rallytogether in all things. We are a small team; you won't hear "that's not my job". We value accountability, creativity, and fostering an inclusive and transformative experience for ourselves and our community of merchants. We are looking for those who are guided by a growth mindset and have the ability to think beyond the typical playbook. We care about the success of our customers and our company. We are willing to do the work, have the hard conversations, and take ownership in the service of delivering value to the customer. We do not believe in the allowance of brilliant jerks and
are always working towards creating high psychological safety. If you are excited about our mission of empowering e-commerce merchants and building out the headless ecosystem, we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure that you meet every requirement in this posting.
Benefits & Perks
- We are a small team; your work will have a big impact
- Meaningful equity and competitive pay
- Comprehensive, employer-paid health benefits
- Stipends for work-from-home setup
- Flexible work schedule, with an open vacation policy
- A kind, thoughtful, and enthusiastic team
Rally is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Rally asks respectfully to only apply through the application form and not email/apply directly to Rally. Any applications sent directly to Rally will not be considered. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact Rally directly.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/rally-sales-development-representative-saas-ecomm