If you don't think you meet all the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
👐 Join a meritocracy, no politics needed (nor welcomed)
⏰ Work 4 days a week, have an extra day for learning, running errands, or starting a new hobby.
📖 We practice open-book management (understand how the business works and why what you work on really matters for our clients)
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails. It is used by small and medium businesses worldwide to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.
Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Agencies.
QuickMail was started in 2014. We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly driven co-workers.
About the role
Your primary goal as a QA tester is to use your analytical skills to thoroughly test all fixes, features, and enhancements created by the dev team.
You will create and use a combination of application-testing frameworks, user reports, and testing procedures to locate problems and communicate in proper channels to rectify them before product updates are launched.You will lead the charge in testing and approving hotfixes should software bugs slip through in the initial launch or subsequent updates.
Your secondary goal will be to work closely with the customer support team. You will aggregate user feedback to identify potential areas of improvement for the platform. Anytime you are not actively testing or evaluating the software, you will be solving problems for customers and providing real solutions as responses to help tickets.
For both aspects of your role, deep understanding must be pursued and maintained. We go above and beyond, so the role includes being knowledgeable not just in the software but also in our integrations (e.g. HubSpot, PipeDrive, Zapier), and the email ecosystem (e.g. cold outreach, DNS settings to maximize deliverability, and changes from email service providers that can impact our customers or operation to name some).
Responsibilities in QA
- Develop and implement standards and schedules for regular platform inspection
- Develop a repeatable workflow for testing fixes, features, and enhancements
- Manually testing fixes, features, and enhancements for anything that times out, crashes, or leads to server or console errors, as well as visual bugs
- Debugging graphQL queries using the inspector tool
- API testing using Postman
- Creating bug reports to help the developers understand where the issue is coming from and how to replicate it
- Ensure GitHub columns are updated based on releases in production and testing environments
- Document and report platform quality standards along with other weekly KPIs
- Train other quality assurance members on all inspection processes
Responsibilities in Support
- Investigating complicated issues by thoroughly checking customers’ accounts and utilizing support tools
- Giving the best possible solutions to customers’ issues at the first touch, via email. Solutions include workarounds, troubleshooting steps, giving information to help the customer avoid the same issue in the future, or providing a better workflow to achieve a certain goal in QuickMail
- Assessing how a feature request can impact our customers and communicating it with the team
- Recognizing and escalating issues that are recurring and/or affecting the main functionalities of the software
- Replicating bugs, and documenting where the bugs are coming from, the customers affected, and step-by-step to reproduce the bug
- Always curious and going beyond the surface level of understanding
- Comfortable giving feedback with the intention to help and receiving feedback without justifying the action behind the feedback
- Can take informed decisions without waiting for a go signal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A fast and reliable internet connection and a good computer (at least 32 GB RAM) with a webcam
- Demonstrate that you have great attention to detail by entering koala when asked what is your favorite animal
- A fluent English speaker who is also good at writing (grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
- Comfortable working in Europe or US time zones (EST & CST)
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python, or Selenium
- Experience working as a QA tester in SaaS or other email software
- Experience working in a fully-remote team
- Knowledgeable in the email ecosystem. (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records, email deliverability, etc.)
- HelpScout for sending responses to tickets
- Notion for SOPs
- Postmark for investigating transactional emails
- GitHub for submitting bug reports and feature requests
- Stripe for billing and payments
- Slack, our main tool for internal communication
- Snagit for taking screenshots
⏰ Work 4 days (4 x 8hr) a week, work from home or from a coffee shop, we are a remote-first company. No commute is necessary, use your extra day for learning, running errands or starting a new hobby.
⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, with no politics, and bring your best self.
📖 You'll get a lot of context and learn about the business side as we practice open-book management.
🌴 1 team retreat per year for work and fun (we fly everyone to one location for a week).📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/quickmail-remote-qa-engineer-usd-40-50k-4-days-week