JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted: 11 months ago
About Quantitative Research
Quantitative Research (QR) is an expert quantitative modeling group in J.P. Morgan, as well as a leader in financial engineering, data analytics, statistical modeling and portfolio management. As a global team, QR partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions, contributes to sales and client interaction, product innovation, valuation and risk management, inventory and portfolio optimization, electronic trading and market making, and appropriate financial risk controls.
Quantitative Research develops sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to value and risk manage financial transactions. We develop these in Athena, which is a next-generation risk, pricing, and trade management platform, and in our analytics libraries, all built in-house at JP Morgan.
QR Athena & Analytics is a cross-asset team, developing frameworks and establishing golden standards across all QR teams for Athena and our analytics libraries.
We are looking for a new member to join the QR Athena & Analytics team focusing on improving the software development processes and optimizing the compute usage across QR.
You will increase the speed of innovation on our platform, improve the productivity across QR, and enhance our use of compute resources. Specifically, you will have the chance to:
* Develop Athena (Python) tools and frameworks to enhance QR development processes, including automated testing, and to optimize QR compute usage, on premise and on the cloud
* Identify opportunities for improvement in these areas, and design corresponding software or process solutions
* Drive the adoption of these solutions by the various QR development teams
* Drive general cross-QR initiatives to improve software quality and controls in Athena and in our main analytics library
* You have a degree in a quantitative field, e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics
* You demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills as well as data analysis skills
* You possess excellent software design and development skills
* You are passionate about efficient software development, in an agile yet controlled way
* You take ownership of delivering effective change
* Your excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, can engage and influence partners and stakeholders
Nice to have
* Experience writing high quality Python is preferable
* Experience working with pricing libraries and risk management systems is preferable
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.