A BIT ABOUT US
Appknox is one of the top Mobile Application security companies recognized by Gartner and G2. A profitable B2B SaaS startup headquartered in Singapore & working from Bengaluru.
The primary goal of Appknox is to help businesses and mobile developers secure their mobile applications with a focus on delivery speed and high-quality security audits.
Our business includes Fortune 500 companies with Major brands spread across regions like India, South-East Asia, Middle-East, Japan, US, and expanding rapidly.
We are looking for a skilled Python/Rust Engineer who, along with our excellent software development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
We have built some Microservices, Device Farms (Android & iOS) & IDE Plugins with Python/Django, Rust, Node, Java, Ember to help developers and enterprises to automatically detect and fix security loopholes in their Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) / IoT Apps within a few minutes. We have been a major contributor to open-source community and you can find our contribution in our Github profile https://github.com/appknox
You are primarily expected to be very good at Python. Rust is optional at the time of the application, but you will be expected to learn Rust within the first couple of months of joining us. That being said, we are ideally looking for someone who already knows their way around Rust & its ecosystem.
- Working on a disruptive product in the Security Domain
- Responsible for driving innovation in Software Development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with the latest features
- 2-4 years of proven work experience (Experience is optional if you can showcase your work)
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Django, Python, Django REST Framework (DRF)
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Rust expertise (Or passion to learn it within the first few months of joining us)
- Experience in Rust Asynchronous programming
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
Within 1 month
- Understanding the requirements, creating a plan of action
- Develop in collaboration with frontend & security teams
- You will be writing RESTful APIs and distributed tasks.
- Learn Rust (If you don’t know it already)
Within 3 months
- Switching to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Work in Agile Methodology
- Product Documentation
- Bug fixes, Maintenance, and Technical Support
Within 6 months
- Going forward the role will eventually take into full ownership of the technical aspects of the specific product.
- Building CLIs and tools
- maintaining other products
Personality traits we admire:-
- A confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and a sense of humor, is an added advantage.
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Has attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follows timelines and absolute commitment to deadlines.
- Round 1 Interview - Profile Evaluation
- Round 2 Interview - Assignment Evaluation
- Round 3 Interview - Engineering Team & Technical Founder
- Round 4 Interview - HR
We prefer that every employee also holds equity in the company. In this role, you will be awarded equity after 12 months, based on the impact you have created.
Please be aware that all your customers are Enterprises and Fortune 500 companies.
Why Join Us:-
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who enjoys challenging work & pushing your boundaries, then this is the right place for you. We appreciate new ideas & ownership as well as flexibility with working hours.
- Great Salary & Equity: We keep up with the market standards & provide pay packages considering updated standards. Also as Appknox continues to grow, you’ll have a great opportunity to earn more & grow with us. Moreover, we also provide equity options for our top performers.
- Holistic Growth: We foster a culture of continuous learning and take a much more holistic approach to training and developing our assets: the employees. We shall also support you all on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: Being a part of a start-up is an amazing experience one of the reasons being the open communication & transparency at multiple levels. Working with Appknox will allow you to experience it all firsthand.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance coverage up to 5 Lacs for you and your family including your parents.
Skills:- Django, Python and Rust