Headquarters: Bethesda, MD, USA
ORCID is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated User Support Specialist with exceptional communication skills to join our user-centric and highly responsive User Support team. Preferably you are based in time zones from UTC +2 through UTC -1. The User Support Specialist will respond to user queries from researchers around the world, answering questions and providing guidance on how to use the ORCID Registry. Working with ORCID colleagues, the User Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that we support our global user community and will serve as the “voice of the user” within the organization.
The majority of your time will be spent on user queries, answering ~500 tickets a week during busy periods, with the remaining time dedicated to other initiatives, such as raising feedback, documentation, reviewing spam accounts or additional projects as needed. We are a small and highly collaborative team, and as part of it you will play an integral role in identifying ways we can improve the User Support Team experience, including improvements to our processes and workflows.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and, like all positions at ORCID, is fully remote. Candidates must be able to work during Europe or Americas standard business hours (Mon-Fri) with at least four hours daily between 1200-2000 UTC, with recurring meetings at 1500 UTC. Outside of these parameters, ORCID offers flexibility with your schedule.
- Providing timely and friendly replies to user queries via the Zendesk platform
- Accurately reporting bugs to the Development team
- Sharing feedback and feature requests from users with the Product team
- Assisting with writing and reviewing documentation for users
- Reviewing suspect accounts to identify spam
- Participating in calls and projects with other teams as needed to provide a “voice of the user” to the organization
- Assisting with other projects as needed
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience providing support via a helpdesk platform (Zendesk or similar)
- Exceptional communication and prioritization skills; ability to get things done in a dynamic environment
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn about and troubleshoot technical issues
- Fluency in additional languages
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for a startup or in the research community
- Experience resolving disputes or other sensitive issues
- Experience writing documentation
A family-friendly, flexible working environment, including:
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work fully from home (when not travelling)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation & benefits, plus an ORCID-wide closure the first Friday of each month
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
- Tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop and a remote working stipend.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/orcid-temporary-user-support-specialist-fully-remote