Are you passionate about scaling engineering teams and process to design and deliver robust, highly available software systems? Are you ready to be impactful and innovative in an exciting and growing market? Do you love gaming and/or esports?
We are Gfinity! We have a rich history in the esports and competitive gaming space, having worked with major brands including Formula1, the Premier league, NVIDIA, Redbull, Nintendo, and many more. We've built one of the world's most powerful tournament platforms and now we're now using this foundational technology to create a fully self-serviced product for game studios and web publishers to leverage the power of competition to drive gamer retention, engagement, and value.
We are looking for an experienced Technical/Software Engineering Manager to oversee and coordinate engineering functions across sub-teams working within the same esports product.
- Applying your experience and passion for delivering high-quality solutions to own and drive the engineering function across multiple teams
- Collect and digest product and project requirements from multiple sources in order to collate, plan, and coordinate engineering efforts
- Liaise and collaborate with product managers, engineering team leads, and executive leadership on a regular basis
- Monitor and measure engineering progress, quality, efficiency, and happiness, working with teams to recommend and implement improvements
- Lead system architecture and design processes, ensuring solutions are robust, functional, maintainable, testable, extensible, etc.
- Develop and refine processes to grow and scale the engineering function of the business
- Develop a process for managing API and systems documentation to be used by internal and external developers
- Participate in roadmapping, requirements planning, and sprint planning sessions
- Participant in the hiring and evaluation process for future team members
- Develop and refine onboarding processes and documentation
- Demonstratable experience managing software engineering projects with a team of at least 15 to 30 people
- Experience designing, diagramming, and documenting software applications and systems
- Experience building high availability, geographically distributed systems
- Experience with identitfying, implementing, and managing software engineering KPIs – what and how to track, and how to utilize the information to maximize team productivity and happiness
- Experience with cache mechanics and systems (such as Cloudflare)
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Working knowledge of test-driven development, writing tests, test tooling, coverage targets, etc.
- Working knowledge of database systems
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Strong capability to work cross-functionally
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS
- Experience with data-driven decision making
- Experience with assimilating outside inputs such as customer requests into core product requirements
- Familiarity with project management processes and tooling such as ClickUp, JIRA, etc.
- Experience growing and scaling development teams and their processes
- Esports experience of any kind, including non-technical
- Hands-on experience with PHP 8.0+, Symfony 6, Vue3, Vite, and Typescript
- Engineering experience in the gaming industry (especially Unity or Unreal Engine)
- Engineering experience with SaaS/PaaS companies
- Hands-on experience driving system performance at scale
- Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with NoSQL
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Get to know us better:
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/gfinity-plc-senior-software-engineering-manager