A BIT ABOUT US:
Appknox is one of the top Mobile Application security companies recognized by Gartner and G2. A profitable B2B SaaS startup headquartered in Singapore & working from Bengaluru.
The primary goal of Appknox is to help businesses and mobile developers secure their mobile applications with a focus on delivery speed and high-quality security audits.
Our business includes Fortune 500 companies with Major brands spread across regions like India, South-East Asia, Middle East, Japan, US, and expanding rapidly.
We have built some Microservices, Device Farms (Android & iOS) & IDE Plugins with Python/Django, Rust, Node, Java, and Ember to help developers and enterprises to automatically detect and fix security loopholes in their Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) / IoT Apps within a few minutes.
We are seeking an experienced Engineer to join our team and help design, develop, and maintain microservices using Rust and Python. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and be passionate about learning and working with both Rust and Python. You will work closely with our Architect to write/rewrite Rust & Python microservices that have good test coverage and are well-documented. Rust will be the primary codebase that you will work with. It is expected that you are strong in at least 1 of the languages and are willing to learn the other.
We have been a major contributor to the open-source community and you can find our contribution in our Github profile https://github.com/appknox
You don’t need to know anything about security to apply for this position as we have experienced security professionals on board who will help you.
We are very picky about hiring. Because the core members will set the engineering culture that the entire tech team will follow in the future.
We prefer to have incredibly high standards and to hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at the highest level every day.
- Design and develop microservices using Rust and Python.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and implement requirements.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices and standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with existing microservices.
- Continuously improve the performance, scalability, and security of microservices.
- Work closely with the architect to write and rewrite microservices with good test coverage and documentation.
- Willingness to learn and work with both Rust and Python.
- 3+ years of experience in software development in either Rust or Python.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and best practices.
- Experience with Git.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Rust or Python.
- Experience with containerization technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Linux
Within 1 month
Understanding the requirements, creating a plan of action
- Develop in collaboration with Architect & Frontend team
- You will be writing testable Rust/Python code
- You will also be working on gRPC/GraphQL/REST-based APIs
Within 3 months
- Switching to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Work in Agile Methodology
- Product Documentation
- Bug fixes, Maintenance, and Technical Support
Within 6 months
- Going forward the role will eventually take into full ownership of the technical aspects of the specific product.
- maintaining other products
Personality traits we admire:-
- A confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and a sense of humor, is an added advantage.
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Has attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follows timelines and absolute commitment to deadlines.
- Round 1 - Profile Evaluation & Online Test
- Round 2 - Take-Home assignment
- Round 3 Interview - Architect & Technical Founder
- Round 4 Interview - HR
- As per Industry Standard
- Please be aware that all your customers are Enterprises and Fortune 500 companies.
Why Join Us:-
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who enjoys challenging work & pushing your boundaries, then this is the right place for you. We appreciate new ideas & ownership as well as flexibility with working hours.
- Great Salary & Equity: We keep up with the market standards & provide pay packages considering updated standards. Also as Appknox continues to grow, you’ll have a great opportunity to earn more & grow with us. Moreover, we also provide equity options for our top performers.
- Holistic Growth: We foster a culture of continuous learning and take a much more holistic approach to train and develop our assets: the employees. We shall also support you all on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: Being a part of a start-up is an amazing experience, one of the reasons being the open communication & transparency at multiple levels. Working with Appknox will allow you to experience it all firsthand.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance coverage upto 5 Lacs for you and your family including parents Skills:- Rust, Git, Microservices and Python