We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer
acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with
data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and
optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
• Experience building and optimizing big data ETL pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query
authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to
answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected
datasets. Skills:- Spark, SQL and Linux/Unix
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.