What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and technologically informed project manager who can deliver digital platform (i.e. online marketplace) projects within meticulously planned scopes, budgets and time frames.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that product specifications are technically feasible, user-friendly, and aligned with our clients’ business goals. This should be complemented by technical execution skills such as familiarity with an Agile approach to software development.
Your eye for detail, high levels of energy and superior communication skills make you an indispensable link between our clients and our development team. You know how to manage risk and avoid bottlenecks, while driving optimal productivity (e.g. by maintaining a healthy backlog of two to three pre-planned sprints).
- Ownership of full project lifecycle
- Break project scope down into executable tasks, to be assigned with time frames
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Take the lead in planning meetings, ensuring milestones are met
- Clear roadblocks
- QA of all project deliverables
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs, including impact analysis
- Evaluate and report on project performance
- Manage client relationships; set and manage client expectations
- Escalate issues timeously when necessary
Our expectations of you:
- 5+ years experience of managing digital projects (ideally complex products such as online marketplaces or SaaS platforms)
- 5+ years experience of working with technical teams (preferably within a web agency environment)
- 2+ years experience of working with Jira
- Certification in Agile methodology and/or Scrum framework
- Managed projects with a minimum budget of £500,000 per year
- Sound understanding of website development, technologies, and testing methodology
- Familiarity with website monitoring, performance, and analytics tools
- Strong understanding of the customer journey and how to map out user flows
- Proven ability to set priorities and deliver high-quality outcomes within a high-volume work environment with strict time constraints
- Proven client liaison and customer service experience
- Ability to interpret technological requirements and communicate them to technical and non-technical customers (internal and external)
- General skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good troubleshooting background and problem-solving skills
- Experience with managing remote teams
- Ability to simplify complex workflows
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/cobbleweb-digital-project-manager-online-marketplace-ecommerce-1