Headquarters: United States
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink decentralized oracle networks provide tamper-proof inputs, outputs, and computations to support advanced smart contracts on any blockchain. As the ecosystem continues to grow at an explosive pace we are building the infrastructure to further secure the reliability of our networks and incentivize good behavior
As a smart contract engineer on the Economics team, you will develop highly impactful smart contracts that further secure Chainlink oracle networks to provide best in class off-chain data to the blockchain ecosystem. You will work closely with all functions at Chainlink, from engineering, operations, finance, marketing, and more to ensure the team releases easy to use and easy to manage smart contract driven products. Your core team will be composed of smart contract and software engineers and you will report to the engineering lead on the team.
- Owning large components of the smart contract architecture that secures Chainlink data feeds
- Work closely with fellow engineers to build the end to end experience for your products
- Work closely with operations to ensure smooth deployment and management of your dApps
- Partner with the research team to build products that are practical and easy to use
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders to ensure you build products that delivery positive user experience and meets business constraints
- Actively participate in leveling up yourself and your peers in Solidity and smart contract development
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Deployed multiple smart contracts to Ethereum mainnet or an EVM compatible chain that secured substantial user funds
- Deep understanding of Solidity and the EVM
- Active participant in the blockchain ecosystem as a user
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- Experience in Rust, TypeScript, AWS
- Experience developing smart contracts on non-EVM blockchains
- Experience building dApps end to end
Rust, Solidity, Typescript, AWS
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/chainlink-labs-smart-contract-engineer