We are looking for a mid-level versatile UX/UI designer with an eye for details, simplicity and delightfulness. If you love beautiful software in general, work visually on mobile apps specifically, and want to work in a team where design is entrenched in everything we do, then come join our team. Youâll get the chance to work for worldwide fashion brands like G-Star RAW, Scotch & Soda, Vince, Golden Goose, Roxy and many more.
About NewStore Consumer Apps
The Consumer apps platform is part of a larger ecosystem of NewStore digital products, like the NewStore OMS or the Store Associate App. Our consumer apps are built to radically enrich the consumersâ shopping experience and bridge digital and physical retail. We believe native apps are the most important channel for consumers to engage with the brands they love. To accomplish this we focus on balancing visual, functional and tech aspects in our Consumer Apps platform to empower fashion and lifestyle brands in their direct to consumer innovation journey. Learn more at newstore.com/mobile-retail-experience
Being UX/UI Designer at NewStore.
- As a UX/UI Designer, you will be part of the Consumer Apps Product & Design Team and you will focus on the Consumer Apps Platform. The team's core responsibility is the design of the consumer apps, Studio CMS and other related platform features.
- Moreover, the team is responsible for the design-driven culture that we have at NewStore. This means youâll be involved in how we present ourselves online, how we pitch to prospects and how our communication is crafted.
- It is a role that requires a broad skill set and an engaging challenge to think horizontally. But no worries, we highly value work-life balance and as a product company we work on priorities and quality, not quantity.
Examples of projects and tasks youâll be working on:
- Explore, design, prototype and follow the development of future app and Studio CMS features and improvements;
- Design âon-brandâ experiences for the brands we work for when they join our platform or when they enable a new feature;
- Develop our design system, UX/UI of the platform and templates to scale our design capabilities.
- Work within the product team (typically with iOS, Android, Frontend and Backend engineers) on our ongoing releases;
- Be responsible for the final look and feel of our product, its presentation and marketing.
What we are looking for in a UX/UI Designer
- An ideal candidate has experience (at least 3 years) with designing a mobile product at another company and is now looking for a job where they will have even more influence on the final product and in a company where the love for UX/UI and design is shared at all levels.
- You are someone who is creative and visually oriented. You like to work in cross-disciplinary teams and multiple touchpoints â app, web, and presentations.
- Your portfolio shows you have an eye for detail and aesthetics. You are very passionate about digital design and pixel-perfection does not bother you.
- You are always wondering how you can make things even better than they are today. As a design-oriented person, you keep track of what goes on in the world of mobile design.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in UX/UI design or related studies. But if you are a self-made type of person, please do not hesitate to contact us too.
- You have experience with most aspects of UI (user interface) design for mobile devices. Web experience is a plus.
- You have a solid knowledge of and professional experience with Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Xd (Adobe suite is an extra).
- You have used prototyping tools like Protopie, Framer, Principle, or other software before.
- You have an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of iOS, Android, and Web. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge and/or experience is a plus.
- In general, you have good analytical skills, an inquisitive attitude, and you can professionally communicate in English.
- Work in an international and multicultural team;
- Ability to work anywhere between 32-40 hours/week, on a flexible schedule;
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Stock Options for every employee based on role and level
- Internet & Phone budget of up to â¬50,- per month
- Training / Education budget of â¬2.000,- per year
- Employee Referral bonus of â¬5.000,-
- You'll be employed directly at NewStore or through long-term contracting based on your location and personal preferences
- Possibility to work from our HQ at the heart of Utrecht (where delicious free lunches are provided daily and weâve got team drinks on Fridays);
Everyone is welcome here ð¤
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!Questions? Weâd love to hear from you!
We can only consider candidates who hold a valid EU Passport or Dutch work permit.
Please mention the word TITILLATE and tag RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.