Headquarters: Plano, TX
Tyler Technologies helps governments use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions. Our data platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most ambitious data programs at every level of government and are a cornerstone of Tyler Technologies’ Connected Communities strategy.
We are looking for a Product Designer (aka UX Designer) to join our team!
What is the design problem that we are solving?
As a Product Designer, you’ll make products that help top governments do amazing things:
- deliver value to citizens through our data platform
- improve collaboration and the flow of data within the government
- democratize data in ways that have a profound and positive impact on society
Most of the data and information that governments have is locked in databases, inaccessible to the public, and even hidden from public servants themselves. Our mission is to democratize data, making it accessible and machine readable, while helping those servants turn data into information, and information to life-saving insights.
How does design fit in at Tyler?
Design is an essential role in our product team, determining what problems we solve, why we solve them, and how to solve them with a human-centered approach. We have a growing team that works in partnership with product and engineering management, embedded within a cross-functional team, allowing each designer to focus and ship great work.
You will be a part of our core team doing the full spectrum of the design process: research, prototyping, implementation, and testing for Data & Insights solutions. You’ll help decide what our products and services will look like and how they will behave. Working alongside many stakeholders (and many strong opinions!), you will play a key role in shaping our strategy and its tactical implementation. In return, you’ll learn a ton about the unique challenges we have exclusively serving the public sector and work with an incredibly talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Create new designs and user flows for current and future applications based on information and goals gathered by collaborating with product teams and researchers.
- Execute all design stages from the research stage to final hand off to software developers, all while adhering to the company’s design system to assure consistency across applications.
- Create full interactive prototypes and user flows using various design software to support usability testing and for hand off to software developers
- Collaborate with other UX Designers, product managers, researchers, and software developers to identify and solve product issues and goals.
- Participate in the development of user experience guidelines and design system updates to help ensure consistency across all products.
- Participate in feedback sessions with other designers and be able to share current works in progress, provide feedback to others, and be able to accept feedback.
- When needed, conduct user sessions independently, analyze results, provide recommendations, create personas, and lead story mapping sessions.
- Achieve departmental goals and timelines.
- 2-5 years of experience with Product/UX design, or related work experience.
- Experience interacting with users, understanding their needs, and translating that into product designs.
- Rich examples of sketching and prototyping ideas from concept to wireframe to mockup through the UX process.
- Experience using analytics or product instrumentation to inform design.
- A well-articulated design process emphasizing research
- Experience with incorporating UX design in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment is crucial.
- Ability to negotiate with various parties to ensure design goals and user feedback and concerns are addressed while maintaining/balancing business situations and constrictions.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Experience with relevant design software tools such as Figma (this is our primary tool).
- Demonstrated basic understanding of design system usage.
- Ability to pass a federal background check required.
PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME FOR US TO INCLUDE IN OUR CONSIDERATION!
- B.A. B.S, or M.S in human-centered design, human-computer interaction, information science or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience.
- Interest or experience in designing visualizations and/or working with data
- Passion for design’s role in social innovation
- Experience or interest in empowering governments or open data initiatives
- Experience with HTML CSS and JS (UX Designers will not be writing code)
- Experience and familiarity with WCAG or 508 guidelines
You belong here! Nobody checks every box and if your experience and interests match some of the above, we would love to hear from you.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/tyler-technologies-product-ux-designer