As a L3 analyst, you will play a key role within the Application Management team, leading services for its customer(s). This service has responsibility for the smooth daily operational running of the Client platform both in the cloud and on-premises. The Client application is business critical and centrally manages data for trading, settlement, risk, client and regulatory reporting systems. As a L3 analyst, you will be responsible for supporting complex infrastructure and application issues raised by L1/L2 support teams, and business analysts. You would also be working on client requests for enhancements, fixes, maintaining custom code, and following the best practices such as Agile, DevOps, etc.
The role is a technical role requiring a good technical knowledge of SQL/PLSQ, Core Java along with good debugging skill while supporting client implementations. You should have basic understanding on Unix system and commands. The ability to troubleshoot issues, assist users and help write specifications is essential. This position also works with product management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Accountability and primary responsibility/duties:
- A typical day would look like as follows: -
- 40% support issues.
- 40% configuration/development work.
- 20% continuous improvement, automation, CICD, so on.
- Activities would range across the lifecycle from discovery to post-implementation support.
- Understanding client’s requirement, replicate the problem and providing the solution
- Understanding and developing new requirements coming in from BAs (Business Analysts) and customers.
- Update the existing functionality based on client needs.
- Develop changes that cater to enhancing the product and/or fixing production issues
- Prepare product releases of software components. (Java/SQL-PLSQL)
- Contribute in all phases of the development cycle. (development/Deployment/Testing, peer review)
- Create technical document for all changes made.
Skills:- PL/SQL, Java, SQL, XML, XSLT, Linux/Unix, Python, Object Oriented Programming (OOPs), DevOps and L3
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong basics and working experience in following technologies: -
- Core Java.
- SQL / PLSQL coding.
- Object Oriented Programming concepts and data structures.
- Working knowledge on Unix platform
- Working knowledge on XSLT and XML handling
- Basic understanding App & web server working knowledge (JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere) and debugging skills.
- Advantageous to have:
- Working understanding on CICD, Dev-ops technologies.
- Queuing technologies including Kafka, MQ, Solace.
- Scripting including Python, Unix, java.
- Hands on knowledge of Dev ops processes and tools Good interpersonal and communication skills.