JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted: 2 months ago
Are you an engineer looking for a challenge? Building on your prior experience processing large volumes of data using Scala/Java technologies like Spark on Hadoop/Cloud, or in-memory Data Grid Clusters, you will be a Database and ETL Developer who would be excited to make a difference in one of our feature teams.
We are running complex calculations over hundreds of millions of data points on large computing clusters within tight SLAs and creating engaging user experiences over the results, empowering key business decision makers. You will help to solve these types of business problems on our existing platforms but also contribute towards a multi-year application modernisation project to increase scalability and resilience.
* Modern development practices are very important to our team, we empower our developers to leverage CI/CD frameworks to automate large aspects of the software development lifecycle as well as partnering directly with business stakeholders to build the best solutions.
In addition to the technologies mentioned above, our teams also have exposure to other technologies, so any prior knowledge of these would be beneficial, however on the job training would be provided.
* Backend micro-services (Spring Boot)
* Modern frontend technologies (Angular/React)
* Messaging services (utilising Kafka)
* Internal and external cloud platforms
Our Software Engineering group works closely with the risk and finance functions within JPMorgan Chase, processing large volumes of data from all over the organization, which we aggregate and calculate on top of this data producing critical risk and finance reports, some of which are sent externally to regulators all around the world under tight SLAs.
* Strong knowledge of Informatica or an any other relevant ETL tools.
* Strong database and PL/SQL programming experience. Preferably Oracle stored procedures and SQL knowledge.
* Manage end to end data collection and collaboration processes to meet SLAs.
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
* Troubleshooting of priority incidents, facilitate post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of the incidents.
* Experience in the projects with large data volumes.
* Experience in resolving the data processing performance issues through improvements.
* Experience in Agile development lifecycle methodology.
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes.
* Working knowledge of Unix.
* Working knowledge of GIT.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Innovative and team-player mindset.
* Experience within Financial Services.
* Experience with Cloudera Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Hive.
* Experience with AWS/any other cloud platform.
* Experience in No-SQL databases.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.