Looking for an experienced Software Architect to join one of our Platform teams.
- Platforms are built to be highly available and scalable supporting large-scale transactions.
- Our criteria of a successful architect is one who is highly energetic, passionate about our product, has excellent written and communication skills, is a great team player and loves to solve tough problems.
- You will work closely with engineering team members and interact with product, design, QA and many other groups to design and develop world class engineering products in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- You will be involved in defining compelling new features, implementing core application logic, designing, architecting and developing a wide array of high-traffic, highly-scalable, secure microservices based platforms and applications. You will design and build frameworks and POCs/MVPs that will lay the foundation for other team members to use and build upon.
-You will analyze business requirements and translate them into technical solutions. You will be involved in the overall API development initiative in architecting enterprise level web API framework and service management to support our growing business.
- You will lead by example and produce high quality code that establishes coding standards and best practices for the technical team.
- You will provide technical mentorship to Software Engineers on the team and will work in a cross-functional environment. You will communicate effectively with both technical and business people to drive innovation on features, enhancements, and fixes.
Key Responsibilities :
- Architect and design highly-scalable, available and performant microservices based platforms and applications to support the future growth of the company.
- Drive the design and delivery of features by collaborating with program managers, product owners, engineers (Dev & QA) and other cross-functional teams.
- Take critical architectural decisions for the team whenever required to result in a successful product delivery.
- Produce good quality code adhering to established coding standards and be a role-model to other team members.
- Design and develop frameworks, POCs and MVPs that can be used by other team members to build upon.
- Should foresee scalability issues and prevent/resolve them at the earliest opportunity. Call out any risks and redflags to Engineering Leadership and Product Management.
- Work following Agile development methodologies using various related tools, like JIRA.
- Gather and interpret broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Drive technical excellence and high quality deliverables. Should constantly think for the future by building the right infrastructure at the right time.
- Lead and participate in planning, architecture, and design discussions and reviews.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for coordination, planning, design decisions, and reviews.
- Be very hands-on and own/drive key product features
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask
- Handle customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Produce functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace.
- Provide guidance, career development and technical mentorship to team members.
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
Qualifications / Required Skills :
- Experience with large scale app development using React
- Expert skills with Material-UI or other React component libraries.
- Thorough understanding of React.js, redux and redux-saga modules and their core principles.
- Advanced skills in build custom React components.
- Masters/Bachelors degree required in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent discipline (EEE, ECE).
- 12+ years of total experience in Software Product Development with at least 5 years of architectural experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and coding. Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Prior microservices architecture experience in a complex enterprise software environment.
- Good understanding of common design patterns and principles.
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC, preferably Agile and Test-driven methodologies.
- Acumen for mentoring and growing other team members.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Should be experienced in Software Engineering best practices including coding standards, code-reviews, Source Control, CI/CD, Testing, Security Standards, Compliance.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and comfortable working with minimal specifications.
The best candidate :
- Is passionate about making a world-class software organization.
- Has experience architecting large-scale distributed platforms.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, working with a highly-talented team and shifting priorities.
- Has excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Is great at making data-driven design decisions using appropriate metrics.
- Is comfortable in explaining and evangelizing the designs to other stakeholders.
- Has the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners.
- Has strong technical vision.
- Can stay abstract or detail oriented as the situation demands.
- Has demonstrated the ability of thinking big, bringing new ideas, building teams & infrastructure for the future.
- Learns quickly; must know when to listen, and when to take charge.
Why you'll love it here :
- Everything Integrated. We are solving a really hard problem that affects almost every business on the planet: integrating cloud apps
- iPaaS Leader. We're at an exciting crossroads as we re-imagine the Integration and iPaaS space. This will take teamwork, creativity, strategic thinking, and a willingness to advance the market.
- Take A Stand. We're a company that stands for something. Taking a Stand initiative has the goal to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work. Life. Balanced. Starting your first year, we offer a 3-weeks of vacation, plus holidays to recharge and spend time with family and friends.
- Perks. We offer a strong benefits package, expense reimbursement, recognition opportunities, and many other cool perks.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.