CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Specialist based remotely in the U.S. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, weâd love to hear from you. Weâre looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Marketing Specialist, youâll be part of our Marketing team, which sits within the Brand, Marketing and Business Development (BMBD) team. You will work with a hub of marketing peers led by a regional Marketing Manager. Youâll work in partnership with our Markets, Offices and Services, who rely on marketing support to advance their message and win pursuits. Youâll collaborate across the BMBD communityâwith fellow Marketing team members, Graphics, Communications, Knowledge Management, Client Engagement, Market Strategy and Business Developmentâto deliver marketing excellence across proposals, presentations, collateral, local brand-building efforts and more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the development of proposal materials including coordination and production of deliverables across all stages of the process.
- Drive large, strategic, and complex pursuit process from proposal coordination through interview. May lead visual theme and strategic messaging. Able to develop creative ideas for proposals and interview content.
- Collaborate with Marketing teammates, other BMBD team members and Client Leaders to develop pursuit strategiesâstarting with client engagement, leading to proposal then interviewâto secure the win.
- Create and update resumes, portfolio pages, presentations and related marketing materials using our design templates as inspiration and working within our brand standards.
- Participate in the development of collateral that supports our markets, offices, and services.
- Provide marketing research for overall market/office strategy, as well as for individual clients and pursuits.
- Lead local/regional marketing activities, such as sponsorships, award submissions, events and photography, that align with our PR/Communications objectives and increase our brand visibility.
FIRM KNOWLEDGE & SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
- Develop strong, in-depth knowledge of the firmâs portfolio, personnel and offerings.
- Develop subject matter expertise (across markets, typologies, services, technology or other) that adds value to our marketing initiatives and pursuit activities.
MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS
- Work with Marketing Manager to support training and ongoing development of Marketing Specialists and Coordinators.
- Provide peer review and oversight for accuracy and quality of content.
- Self-review all work for accuracy and quality of content.
- Maintain and update Salesforce for clients and pursuits.
- Properly and accurately maintain a proposal filing system.
- May participate in external marketing activities.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have an Associateâs degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Bachelorâs degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience required.
- Related experience working in a marketing or communications role for a professional services firm required.
- Related experience working in the Architecture, Engineering, and/or Construction industry preferred.
- Must be proactive, self-driven, organized, detail-oriented and have an enthusiasm for innovation.
- Strong time and project management skills are essential, along with the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Solid skills in strategic thinking, writing and designâwith the potential and/or interest to further develop/excel in at least one of these areas.
- Strong proficiency with InDesign, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Deltek CRM Vision and Salesforce is a plus.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $80,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us â and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- Weâre about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, weâre ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Please mention the word FRESH and tag RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.