TuSimple Company Overview
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Weâre looking for a seasoned compensation professional to join our San Diego team as the Senior Manager of Compensation! A key responsibility of this role will be to lead our base pay,bonus and equity programs to ensure we are staying competitive with the market. This includes reviewing the current design and operations of these programs, and resolving changes may be needed to stay aligned to TuSimpleâs business goals. In addition, the successful candidate will project lead our annual compensation cycle, maintain our job structures and compensation data in Dayforce, and develop internal tools for our recruiting and HRBP partners. This role will be responsible for the change management of any company-wide compensation initiatives.
This role will lead up to two analysts. The ideal candidate is a systems problem solver and is organized, diligent, and enjoys being part of a team.
- Set up the Compensation Operations hub to be a market knowledge powerhouse for the entire compensation team
- Own and lead Market Data and related analyses
- Responsible for analysis of all market data (base, bonus, equity, TDC) for executive compensation and non-executive compensation management. Stay updated on and share latest market trends to enable an agile Compensation approach
- Lead and coach the team to use data skills to build repeatable, scalable market data analysis models. Deliver data insights in a consumable format with a wide range of audience from employees to executives
- Drive participation and submission in annual compensation surveys as well as relevant ad-hoc trends surveys
- Support compensation design and delivery:
- Scale and maintain our current job architecture in Dayforce
- Lead and support the design and delivery of Base pay and bonus program(s) (including development of our salary ranges)
- Partner closely with other Talent, HRBP and Finance team members to maintain awareness of our equity program and TDC view
- Track the effectiveness and market competitiveness of TuSimpleâs pay programs and model potential impact of alternatives
- Stay up to date with applicable employment-related federal and state requirements regarding employee pay; stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation
- Lead work streams related to pay equity, compensation for remote work analysis
- Build and deliver meaningful employee, manager and candidate experiences
- Program-manage the delivery of an extraordinary annual compensation cycle. Collaborate with cross-functional partners including IT to set up seamless systems experience for compensation planners
- Create and manage tools to support our recruiting teamâs ability to move swiftly in making compensation offers to candidates
- Partner with business development, HRBPs, recruiting, finance, and other teams on special projects
- Play a leading role in change management efforts related to our compensation programs
- Recommend process changes that can improve the delivery of compensation programs to employees
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelorâs Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience maintaining compensation and incentive plans, with a minimum of 8-10 years experience in compensation
- Strong project and program management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. working knowledge or ability to learn: vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.)
- Familiarity with Dayforce or other HCM system
- Experience with a compensation planning system
- Highly collaborative style, and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail and dedication to perfection
- The ability to adapt quickly and continue providing the highest level of customer service in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- A passion for analytics and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Radford (Aon Hewitt)
- Completed/In process of completion: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) requirements
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Meals served every day
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California â Berkeley, University of California â Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,
Please mention the word SAINTLINESS and tag RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.