JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted: 2 months ago
Athena Core DevTools - Developer Enablement & Controls Engineering
We are looking for a hands-on software engineer to work on, collaborate in the design, implementation and deployment of tools that will improve productivity of thousands of developers, drive best practices in the developer community, and implement controls ensuring audit and regulatory compliance. You will be working in a fast-paced Python environment, as part of a team of highly skilled professionals passionate about their work.
Our team provides IDE extensions, CI/CD toolchain and the controls to enable front office developers, quants and other technology teams on the Athena platform to develop and deploy their solutions quickly and efficiently.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open-source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
If you join our team, you will:
* Work on one of the largest Python codebases in the world (40+ million lines of code!).
* Work in a fast-paced continuous deployment environment where the results of your work can be seen in near real-time. Our SDLC process enables thousands of production changes to be deployed every day.
* Make high-impact changes improving the daily work of 2000+ active developers using our toolchain.
* Be responsible for streamlining the development process so that Athena developers can focus on solving their business problems.
Example work items include developing:
* Static code analysis rules for detecting and auto-fixing common coding errors.
* Testing framework and schedulers for executing thousands of hours of workload on AWS.
* Tools for detecting unused and duplicated code in a very large codebase.
* Release controls warning the developer when changing high-risk code.
* New access management system to comply with SOX/SOC1 requirements.
* IDE plugin that suggests the most applicable tests to run for a given change.
* Webapps that serve the developer community and the business users.
* Design and implementation of tools and features that foster developer productivity.
* Help to transition our platform to vendor cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
* Manage entire development lifecycle of features - from requirements gathering through to development and deployment.
* Work with a diverse spectrum of development teams to understand their needs and help them by developing the right tools or identifying existing ones.
* Coordinate with developers from business-aligned teams to manage their contributions to the shared toolset.
* Support the toolchain owned by the team.
* Work with our controls partners and auditors to design efficient controls with minimal bureaucracy.
* Drive best practices across the developer community.
* A passion for software development.
* A passion for quality and testing backed by knowledge of related concepts and libraries.
* Motivated self-starter able to contribute individually and as part of a team as business needs dictate.
* Flexibility and eagerness to learn new concepts.
* Ability to take loosely defined requirements from conversations with developers and turn them into features that improve every developer's experience.
* Solid experience with coding in multiple languages. Python, TypeScript (reactjs), SQL
* Knowledge of Linux, Docker, AWS, C++ experience advantageous but not strictly required.
* Ideally at least 3 years of professional work experience or equivalent, e.g. open-source contributions.
* Knowledge of inner working of development tools highly desirable, e.g. refactoring, static analysis, code compilation and execution, deployment, test coverage tracing, version control systems.
* Experience writing or extending IDEs and code editors desirable, e.g. VSCode, Visual Studio, PyCharm, Eclipse, Sublime Text.
* Track record of improving your own or your team's development experience whether that was part of your primary role or not.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.