JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted: about 1 month ago
J.P. Morgan Global Credit Trading business is a global leading market maker in bonds, credit derivatives, exotic products and solutions. It offers first-class, highly integrated financial services to a global client base and provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and provide markets to clients.
The Credit Automated Trading Strategies Core team works closely with traders to cover Credit flow products, including Corporate Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Leveraged Loans and Credit Indices.
We apply a scientific approach to trading by combining an understanding of market microstructure with modern data analytics to develop mid/reference price models. The team is also responsible for improving traders' workflow by assisting them with different data analytics. The team also owns the real-time product analytics library/system for various credit flow products.
The Credit Automated Trading Strategies Core team is a part of Quantitative Research, which is responsible for providing quantitative analytics and models to facilitate and optimize trading and risk management in the global CIB Markets Business. The responsibilities of the team span the full range from new model specification, research and implementation, applying for model approval, to integration into production systems as well as their day-to-day support.
This opportunity is to join our Credit Automated Trading Strategies Core team in London as a Vice President, with a focus on real time product & data analytics and mid/reference price models for corporate bonds and loans.
Key responsibilities could include:
* Using data science and statistics to produce data-driven, mid / reference price models;
* Driving design, roll-out and adoption of systems to automate marking and quoting of corporate bonds and loans;
* Raising awareness of the latest cutting-edge tools and technology available to the trading desk;
* Delivery of real time analytics for bonds and loans using a combination of C++ and python;
* Liaise with QR and Technology to execute and roll out improvements to desk processes;
* Research, back-testing and reporting tools for quoting strategies and ongoing improvements to related infrastructure, including leveraging big data technologies.
We work in a very dynamic environment, and excellent communication skills are required in our interaction with trading, technology, and control functions. A healthy interest in good software design principles and testing is essential. The role requires a detailed understanding of the corporate bond/loan, cds, and index cds markets. It is understood that the candidate may not have this knowledge from previous experience, but the successful candidate would need to be highly motivated to gain this knowledge. A STEM undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
* Strong data science background, including statistics, probability and machine learning; familiarity with concepts as parameter optimization, regularization, neural networks or Gaussian processes;
* Excellent practical data-analysis skills on real datasets, gained through hands-on experience;
* Strong OO design skills are required, most likely obtained using C++;
* Extensive Python experience, including familiarity with methods for working with large data and tools for data analysis (pandas, numpy, scikit, Tensor Flow, Spark, etc);
* Reactive programming experience is a plus;
* Attention to detail: thorough and persistent in delivering production quality analytics;
* Excellent problem solving ability;
* Solid communication and presentation skills; can clearly and succinctly summarize analysis for trading and management;
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
* Proactive attitude. Should have a natural interest to learn about our business, models and technology platform.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.