Since 1988 Quicken has been the top personal management software for millions of
consumers. We pioneered a radically easier and faster way for people to manage their
household finances. Since then we’ve continued to focus on delighting customers and
making the Quicken product and experience better than ever.
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer-Quicken Cloud Services
Department: Product Development
Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping
millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are going through a
transformation, as we recently completed the divestiture from Intuit, with a renewed focus on
product improvement, growth, and customer satisfaction. We are working on a strategy to
deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS,
Android, and web. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a
collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation and creativity, while being
good to each other and having fun!
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor developing
cloud- based services that will drive the future of the business. You will join our small and
dynamic Cloud Services team, using the latest technology and tools to build high-quality,
cross-platform solutions that delight our customers. Come make an impact on the technical
future of Quicken!
• Lead Software Engineer is a technical hands-on role, with responsibilities ranging
from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into
unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
• Directly responsible for consistently delivering scalable, production-ready backend/
server code in Java for Quicken Cloud Services, from design and development
to deployment, as a member of an Agile development team.
• Partner closely with a cross-functional team of key stakeholders (Engineers,
Architects, Product Managers, QA, Operations, and Business Partners) to
understand requirements, design and implement end- to-end solutions that meet
user needs as well as engineering/operational/business goals.
• Display a passion for high quality, continuous learning, and experimenting and
applying cutting-edge technology, software paradigms, and engineering process
improvements, while fostering this culture across the team.
• 7 - 10 years of software engineering experience, including a successful track record developing customer-facing SaaS/PaaS products.
• 3+ years working experience in core Java and Spring Framework, preferably with Spring Cloud Netflix.
• 3+ years working experience within microservice architecture, specifically utilizing REST services, XML, and JSON.
• Excellent programming discipline: data structures, complexity analysis, objectoriented principles, design patterns, and unit testing.
• Experience with API development and integration with 3rd-party services is preferred.
• Excellent understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JPA).
• Fluent in Databases/SQL (MySQL experience preferred).
• Extensive experience in developing applications which are deployed in AWS. AWS experience is a big plus.
• Team player with can-do attitude to independently own and drive projects.
• Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
• Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and performance bonus
• Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
• Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No
confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
• Ability to work with and manage incredible talent
• Highly recognizable brand in USSkills:- Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate (Java), Data Structures, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RESTful APIs
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.