POSHN is a new and exciting India-based ag-fintech venture founded in 2020 and supported by leading marquee financial institutions.
We’re on a mission to organize and digitally transform the global agri-supply chain market. We are applying first principles thinking and re-imagining the solutions with a tech-product-first mindset.
The agri-supply chain space is gigantic, complex and has been largely un-organized. So we are taking the hassle out of it by creating a platform that empowers our products and facilitates a better, more efficient and seamless experience between each stakeholder.
The core team holds together alumni of BITS Pilani, IIM & XLRI with each having decade-long experience in the fields of the supply chain, technology and product. Previously, we have built several highly impactful tech-product startups from the ground up.
About the role:
- You will work closely with the team, help define the product roadmap, and have a lot of room for flexibility. You are expected to gradually take responsibility of the full mobile engineering stack at Poshn.
- You will use lean experimentation principles and techniques to develop digital experiments where you will help accelerate evidence-based decision-making to inform product, business and commercial decisions.
- You will work with the team of UX, Data engineering to ensure that product & service solutions truly address important customer needs and thus deliver superior customer and business value.
- You will take initiative to improve the system both at the design and implementation levels. As Poshn grows, you may also help with recruiting and training the mobile engineering team.
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development
- Ability to analyze the core business needs and to suggest the best approach
- Capturing and clearly articulating requirements: work closely with end customers to prioritise different working items
- Designing, building and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Execute, and deliver large and complex projects end-to-end, with or without the involvement of other team members
- Writing testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Carrying out solution testing: ensure efficient on-boarding processes for new clients; carry out root-cause analysis to develop logical conclusions and suggest alternatives
- Overall ownership of solution implementation: be in charge of assigned product, ensuring timely and efficient communication and solutions are delivered to plan
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determining software quality standards
Career Experience we'd love to see:
- You have 5+ years of experience in building web & mobile-based backend applications preferably using a microservices architecture.
- You have made major contributions to 3 or more complex backend application projects from zero to one. You have experience designing and shipping fully functional applications.
- You understand the core engineering principles and agile methodologies and are also able to adapt them to a face pace working environment.
Technical Experience we’d love to see:
- Experience with building up scalable backend microservices architecture
- Proficient in languages such as NodeJS, Go or Python
- Expertise in Database modeling, NoSQL and SQL; spotting DB bottlenecks and writing optimized DB queries
- Expertise in all common AWS Cloud technologies, Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows
- Proven track record in building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Experience with modern software engineering practices: agile development cycle, coding style, engineering documentations, unit & integration testing, code review, git version control, etc..
Bonus Points/Nice to have:
- Published mobile apps on the app store and play store.
- Experience with engineering hiring & training of engineers Interfacing and collaborating with B2B clients
- Any experience or knowledge of the e-commerce & supply chain industry
- We want you to come with creativity, expertise, flexibility and drive, but above all a desire to learn and keep learning
- You enjoy designing and building complex software systems with multiple components and code bases.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Curious and a continuous hunger for learning and staying up to date with the latest solutions on the market
- Analytical mind Creativity, open-minded attitude
- Intuitive about how an idea can be turned to an actual working application that delivers value and meets customer needs.
Skills:- MongoDB, NodeJS (Node.js), Systems design and Server architecture
- We offer a competitive salary and ESOPs to make sure you are rewarded for your best work
- Flexible hours and work arrangements either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office, suiting your home commitments.
- Generous leave
- Become one of the key team members of an exciting startup changing the agri-supply chain industry
- Open, fun and collaborative work culture
- Training and development to the areas of growth you’d like to uncover
- Autonomy at work