Business Development Manager (North American Market)
To support us during an exciting time of growth and expansion we are looking for an exceptionally bright, strategically minded and performance driven Business Development Manager (North America) to help drive and shape our corporate and institutional business.
The Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is the World’s leading online design school. We're market leaders because the world's leading experts work with us to create our content and teach the students.
We’re proud to say we’ve put together an amazing organization where people support, inspire, and challenge each other every day. Not only that, but we also get up each day to design a better future for millions of people around the world.
We’re primarily a remote company with around 50 employees, spread across 30 countries, the Leadership team and founders are headquartered in Dubai. We’re growing fast and are set on course to grow even faster. But something’s missing. And we think it could be you.
What you will be doing
Reporting into the COO the Business Development Manager focuses on building corporate and institutional relationships in North America. As a Business Development Expert you will have the opportunity to drive acquisition activities including:
- Building strategic relationships and alliances with corporates and institutions.
- Driving membership growth in key markets around the world.
- Creating and delivering sales targets, customers target sheets and sales strategies to optimize growth.
- Building approach strategies including sales collateral.
- Contributing to the product strategy to enable growth.
- Working with senior management to implement strategy where the only barriers to execution are our own imagination.
- Building corporate and institutional retention strategies, where the customer comes first.
- Contributing to projects and initiatives in collaboration with the broader management team.
- Proactively contribute to team meetings, team initiatives, and knowledge sharing.
- Constantly researches competitors to inform decisions on acquisition marketing campaigns.
- Developing new insights about our users and communicate pertinent findings to help drive decision-making and strategies for user acquisition and engagement.
- Owning key acquisition and engagement metrics and deliver on defined targets.
- Working with and optimize our current product set including memberships, masterclasses, teacher toolkits and other content.
Our ideal candidate has a proven track record in delivering exceptional business development into North America:
- Experience in growing corporate and institutional memberships.
- Strong understanding of subscription and/or recurring revenue business models.
- You have +7 years of experience building out unique acquisition and testing strategies geared at optimizing conversion, subscription, and revenue - both on and off-platform.
- You are an analytical problem solver with a track record of success in developing and optimizing marketing strategies and programs that drive customer acquisition.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills, with ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You thrive in a target driven environment reaching out to cross-functional teams to execute and gain buy in for retention priorities.
- A highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable style, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
- Experience using a combination of data and creative judgement to inform planning and tactical decision making.
- Proven track record of delivering acquisition growth year in year out.
- Project Management skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Professional and proactive work ethic who thrives in fast paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree (ideally in Marketing, Business, or Communications).
What can we offer?
- A full-time position, within a remote first organization. Depending on where you are based you will experience either a fully remote working environment with team trips during the year, or a mix of remote and in person work.
- Work with a highly scalable business model where we’ve consistently created more than 50% growth year-on-year since 2013. Bootstrapped with zero investment capital but built purely on passion and consistency over time.
- Work directly with the COO where the distance between idea and execution is minimal.
- Work in a company culture where idealism meets high performance and excellence. You’ll need to be a practical idealist. As well-intentioned as they are, impractical idealists are counter-productive, whereas practical idealists make the world a better place.
- Daily video-based contact with your colleagues from elsewhere on the planet, and you’ll get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times per year.
- Work with people who have a hands-on attitude and a bias towards action as opposed to over-planning.
- Get the satisfying responsibility of the full lifecycle from strategy and analysis all the way to execution.
- Work in a highly agile organization with zero bureaucracy or corporate politics – but with a high level of orderliness and efficiency.
- Have the chance to feel the impact of helping an ever-growing design education brand boost its outreach to empower and enrich the lives of many, many more people.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/interaction-design-foundation-business-development-manager-north-america