JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted: 5 days ago
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: ETL (SQL/PLSQL on Oracle)
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* 7+ years of experience in building large scale data warehousing solutions with huge data integration points
* Must have strong ETL development skills using SQL/PLSQL on Oracle 11g/12c/19c.
* Experience in data analysis, physical database design, transactional and dimensional database.
* Hands on experience in scripting languages like Python, Shell scripting, Batch scripting, etc.
* Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology
* Knowledge and experience with designing star schema data models and transactional data models.
* Experience in dealing with large databases (> 2TB)
* Experience working in onshore/offshore model.
* Excellent communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Strong in Agile Development and experience with SCRUM or similar methodologies
* Knowledge about TSQL, and ETL tools like Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, etc. is good to have.
* Experience with data modelling tools like Erwin is good to have
* Work directly with business users and analysts in understanding business requirements and implementing the right solution to meet the requirements
* Design, and develop complex ETL code using programming languages like SQL/PLSQL, TSQL, scripting, etc.
* Conduct data profiling to understand the data and drive database and ETL design
* Evaluate and design logical and physical databases; define logical views and physical data structures.
* Participate in design and code reviews of fellow team members.
* Perform QA testing of the code written by fellow team members.
* Perform problem determination (root cause analysis), document the source of problems and their resolution.
* Recognize and analyze trends in errors so as to identify and install long term solutions to problems.
* Adheres to company documented development standards and best practices.
* Effectively communicates with project team by escalating problem in a timely manner.
* Effectively communicate with Business users and customers.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.