Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, and experienced self starter to join our team as a Director, Customer Success. Reporting to the VP CS, Delivery and Services; you will be responsible for continuing to scale and innovate our Customer Success organization, taking it to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Hire, mentor, and direct the Customer Success and CS Operations organizations
- Lead cross functional teams and customer centric strategies across Cobalt
- Innovate on what Customer Success means in the PtaaS market
- Humbly learn from your team, our customers, and our pentesters how we can improve - then execute
- Maintain a world class, high quality customer success model
- Maintain an 18 month strategy, metrics, forecast, and vision
- Track and report strategically on key indicators of success
- Create a âstartup within a startupâ environment of engagement, innovation, and a One Cobalt mindset
- Promote a feedback loop, as well as, insights on prioritization to the Product and Development teams to represent the voice of the customer and the needs of the customer-facing teams
- Be a culture carrier for Cobalt
- 8+ years of Customer Success managerial experience
- Exceptional team building, people, and mentoring skills
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, transparent, and diverse environment
- Experience leading global teams of 20 or more
- Experience forecasting and delivering on renewals and upsell targets
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to create a new category that changes the way pentesting is conducted and approached
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities on-the-fly
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Drive, no one needs to push you to excel; itâs just who you are
- A strong desire to help and serve our customers and our community of pentesters: They win, so you win
- Ability to work remotely and manage remotely
Bonus If You Have
- Prior experience managing remote teams
- CS Operations experience
- Security or adjacent industry experience
- Experience in a high growth environment
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! Weâre proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission â let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary
Please mention the word HANDSOME and tag RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwMDoxZjEzOmM5MToxNzAwOmMxNjg6ODQ1YTozZmU1OjRlNTI=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.