JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted: 2 months ago
Do you enjoy building new applications and services with Big Data, accelerated by Artificial Intelligence? If so, join us to shape the next generation of data technology at Chase!
As a Java Software Engineer within our Data Technology Group, you are passionate about solving business problems and delivering new cutting-edge applications that include AI. You can apply your expertise in applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle . You welcome a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement. You like to work in a collaborative, thought-provoking environment. You know how to become a trusted partner with stakeholders and encourage a diversity of creative solutions.
As a Java Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development and significant experience in Java/JEE technologies, you will be part of a team that builds and maintains a new suite of products and services that supports our Analysts and Data Scientists to better utilize Big Data at Chase. You will engage closely with Business and Architecture teams in a high performing Agile team supported by a creative environment. You welcome the challenge of being involved in a strategic, high visibility project within the company. You enjoy the nimbleness of our startup group, building new products and services, within the stability of an established company and market leader.
You come with a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Deep experience in building Java applications and API's with proficiency in JAVA/J2EE, frameworks, database and ETL tools
* Design, develop, code, test, debug and document applications to meet user requirements
* Experience in application, big data, and infrastructure disciplines
* Experience with Autonomous Application design, based on microservices and data at the edge of the customer interaction interface
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative, multi-location teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative, startup type culture from the ground up
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, and software improvement
* Ability to build credibility with business users and senior management
* Familiarity with Agile practices
* Experience working closely with users and key business partners for effective testing and delivery
* Can lead feature teams while translating complex stories into well understood and achievable tasks
* Produce high quality code using Test Driven Development techniques
* Enjoy mentoring junior team members
* (Preferred) Experience with the latest DevOps tooling and processes, and cloud deployments
* (Preferred) Demonstrated curiosity about Applied AI
* (Preferred) Full stack development experience including having built frontend UI
Your Tech Stack skills include:
* Excellent Core Java skills
* Java performance tuning, debugging and profiling tools
* Moneta , or similar microservices providing a RESTFUL web service
* Application server platforms including Apache Tomcat
* REST, RPC , GraphQL (or other query language) for building microservice based architectures
* REST/JSON/XML for web APIs development
* SQL and Relational Database: Oracle, HBase (noSQL structure such as Cassandra a plus)
* Testing frameworks: Cucumber, Selenium, or similar; experience with unit testing
* CI/CD: Git, Jenkins, Pipelines
* (Preferred) Well versed in cloud deployments including AWS and GCP
We are hiring for multiple roles. We welcome a conversation about you being located near one of our Chase tech centers including: Chicago; Jersey City; Columbus; Wilmington, DE; or Plano, TX; and coming soon Palo Alto and Austin, TX.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new jobs posted on Profilehunt
Please confirm your email address once you subscribe.