Headquarters: Leipzig, Germany
QA Engineer for Connectors (m/f/d)
Remote. Full-time. Unlimited Contract.
This might be your new team!
Working at Data Virtuality means being part of an international team and thriving. What we offer is remote work from your home, wherever it is. Further, you can expect an unlimited long-term freelance contract with full-time work, benefits, and genuine team spirit.
At Data Virtuality, you will experience respectful interactions, harmonious teamwork,
without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
- Looking at the issues from the customers’ perspective
- Testing Data Virtuality connectors (SQL code, based on REST/SOAP API interaction, JDBC connectivity, file-based parsing, and more), validating the data, and matching actual/expected data.
- Developing tests to automate the repeated work processes, identifying, and eliminating repeated processes, and increasing the efficiency of day-to-day work
- Documenting the connector operation together with the developers
- Documenting the test workflows
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with advanced SQL, understanding the underlying database engine processes. Certification with major DBMS vendors is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Java SE 11 development for test automation
- JUnit 4/5
- Database testing
- Consuming and/or testing REST/SOAP web services, understanding REST API operation. Using at least one of the following: Postman, Insomnia, Soap UI or similar tools.
- Handling of XML, JSON, CSV
- Basic understanding of XPath syntax
Required personal skills
- Fluent in English
- Team spirit
- Great communication skills and team orientation are a must, especially considering the remote nature of work and its limitations.
- Getting along with people while being thousands of miles apart. Still, being able to solve problems independently, and stepping outside the boundaries of job requirements.
What our fantastic team worldwide loves about working with Data Virtuality
- A job with the stability and team spirit of an employee but also with the freedom and flexibility of a freelancer
- A stable and reliable job with the freedom and flexibility of a freelancer
- Flexible working hours + additional perks
- Fast and dependable monthly payment – in EUR, USD, or Crypto, as you prefer
- Contributing to the success of a growing company
- Developing a groundbreaking data technology and working with cutting-edge technologies
- Knowledgeable and approachable C-Level
- Continuity and growth potential
- Friendly and international colleagues
- Full integration into our teams and invitation for our team events worldwide
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: J2EE application running in a JBoss/WildFly container to connect to any kind of
data source (relational/NoSQL/cloud-based databases, web services, text files, etc.) and to
query data by using SQL. Persistence layers and internal configurations are delegated to
- Frontend (Desktop): Desktop Application based on Eclipse RCP
- Frontend (Web): several Web applications based on Angular
- Operating System: Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOs
- Languages: Java 11, C, C++, TypeScript, SQL, XML
- Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake,
Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics, Exasol, Teradata, Vertica, MongoDB, etc.
- Others: Web Services, JDBC, ODBC, REST, OData, LDAP
- IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
- Framework: Eclipse Rich Client Platform, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, Angular, JQuery
- Application Servers: WildFly, JBoss
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Development, Building, and Versioning tools: Maven, Ant, Git
- Dev and CI tools: Jira, FishEye, BitBucket, GitLab, Crucible, Confluence, Jenkins
- Virtualization and Containers: Docker, VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/data-virtuality-gmbh-qa-engineer-for-connectors