This job is for (Crux - https://www.cruxclimate.com/), posted via Parallel. This is a full-time role. Applicants only living in the United States are eligible for this role.
Clean energy development is poised to boom, but we urgently need to make sustainable finance more efficient to move as quickly as needed. The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) will make hundreds of billions of dollars of tax credits available to companies building facilities or producing clean power and materials. And for the first time, these credits are transferable – creating a new and powerful market mechanism to fund energy transition projects. The market for transferable tax credits needs new standards, more buyers, expanded financial products, and purpose-built software.
Crux exists to make sustainable finance more efficient and interconnected.
Our network and tools help developers, tax credit buyers, and financial institutions transact & manage transferable tax credits by streamlining price discovery, project diligence, transaction closing, and reporting.
Who we are
Crux is founded by Alfred Johnson
& Allen Kramer
. They previously founded another mission-driven company, Mobilize. Mobilize was acquired by Insight Partners-owned EveryAction in 2020.
Alfred was most recently Deputy Chief of Staff of the Treasury Department. Before Mobilize, he led Sales & People for Clara Lending, and was a Vice President at BlackRock. Early in his career, he served as a Senior Advisor for Financial Markets at Treasury. Before Mobilize, Allen worked at Bain & Company and Assured Labor.
We are backed by some of the best investors, including Lowercarbon Capital, New System Ventures, Overture, Ardent Venture Partners, the Three Cairns Group, and QED via their Bolt program. These funds are joined by individual investors including the founders of multi-billion dollar finance and clean energy companies; top energy finance lawyers; and the partners of leading venture capital firms. Strategic investors in the company collectively generate billions of dollars of tax credits annually.
What you’ll do
- Cultivate, close and expand partnerships with renewable energy developers and sponsors
- Develop relationships with, and educate, corporate and family office tax credit buyers
- Closely manage entire lifecycle of partner and customer platform transactions
- Own the deployment and adoption of the Crux platform to our partners
- Inform product development with user insights and subject matter expertise
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in clean energy development and/or finance
- Strong transactions experience. You have lived and breathed sustainable finance, and are deeply familiar with transaction process and tax equity, debt, and equity structures.
- Unrivaled relationship building skills; you build trust quickly and communicate clearly
- Adaptable and excited about building at the early stage. You’re not afraid to roll-up sleeves
- Contribute to and help build team culture, in ways that are authentic to you
What we provide
- Estimated base compensation of $125-$150k + uncapped bonus structure (on-target of ~$50-$100k), depending on seniority and equity
- Competitive equity package
- Healthcare benefits
- Remote-first company
- Travel stipend to get the team together at least once a quarter
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/crux-markets-transactions-principal