About the role
As a Business Sales Representative, you’ll be responsible for closing inbound business leads. At a high level, these leads are small business owners looking for phone service. You’ll be responsible for understanding exactly what they’re looking for, matching them to the appropriate Community Phone product, sending quotes and following up, negotiating, closing deals, and transitioning customers to their account manager.
Leads come from many sources: direct phone calls, transfers from our consumer team, demo requests, form fills on our blog, and eligibility checks. This role requires someone who can manage the entire sales funnel, from making first contact to closing the deal. In the past few weeks, we’ve closed dozens of large accounts ranging from KFC to Starbucks to the Utilities Commission of Texas.
As the first full-time business sales representative, you will also be responsible for improving the sales process, providing insight on how we can improve the messaging or the product, and helping develop the script for
The role is base + commission. Commission is uncapped; once you hit quota, you will get a portion of every deal you close.
- Have at least 3 years of experience selling to small and medium businesses: business owners and decision makers have different needs than consumers. Experience working with business owners is a must.
- 2 years owning the entire conversion funnel from lead qualification to close: this is a “full stack” sales role. We’ll provide the leads, but you’ll be responsible for working and closing them.
- Ability to build rapport quickly: you will be “the face” of Community Phone to these businesses. They need to trust you in order to trust the company and the product.
- Proactively improving our workflows and scripts: this is not a sales role where you just “follow the script”. You should be energized by the opportunity to shape our sales motion for this market.
- Excited by the idea of working at a startup: as early hires on a new team, there will be some organized chaos to manage. Working at a startup should feel like an opportunity, not a burden.
- Native or near-native English proficiency
Why you should join Community Phone Company
Community Phone Company YC W19 built a simple cloud phone system for businesses that don't operate a call center.
Our solution lets a business get all modern voice features (re-route if busy, greeting menu and IVR, programmable caller ID, cloud voicemail, etc) on their existing office phone and existing employee cell phones. All employees onboard instantly, no wifi required, no app to download. Businesses should not be missing out on orders because they can only take one call at a time, and they shouldn't need an IT person in order to get a modern business phone system.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/community-phone-sales-representative