Headquarters: Washington, DC
Action Builder Product Manager
We have a relatively new platform, Action Builder - a tool built from the ground up for organizing and leadership development. Working with our development partners, including the AFL-CIO, we drew on time-tested tools organizers have used for decades, from wall charts and flip charts to notebooks and three-ring binders. Action Builder is a mobile-first tool that puts time-tested organizing tools right in your pocket. Our user base is predominantly labor unions, national organizing coalitions and local organizing groups.
We are seeking a creative and thoughtful individual to join our team as a Product Manager. We’re looking for candidates that align with our mission of creating authentic and substantive relationships with our partners to help them fully realize their program goals of building progressive power through an efficacious utilization of our tools.
This position will be responsible for coming up with new features, soliciting feature feedback from our partners, and managing our cooperative development process, particularly for Action Builder. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for tracking new feature ideas, facilitating a quarterly collaborative prioritization process with our product development committee and writing thorough specs for each feature. The selected candidate will also help research and develop ideas that are raised by partners and develop a perspective on how to best positively impact the growth and development of the toolset.
The Product Manager will work closely with our Director of Impact, Director of Product Strategy, Director of Technology and our Product Development Committee partners - affiliates of the AFL CIO and People’s Action.
This full-time position will report to the Director of Product. This is a remote position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying potential new product features
- Develop a thorough understanding of the toolset and product use cases
- Work with existing partners and members of our development committee to identify areas the toolset can grow
- Develop ideas into draft specs, to allow for successful prioritization
Facilitate our Cooperative Development Process
- Facilitate monthly meetings to review development progress and refine new ideas
- Facilitate quarterly prioritization meetings to identify which features will be built
- Build thorough specs to ensure the vision comes to life
- Work with the Director of Technology to prioritize development work and hone and refine specs as needed
Measure & Refine
- Create processes to measure feature success
- Work with the impact team to identify areas of opportunity
- Actively solicit feedback on new features
What you have
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience
- A passion for the labor movement and progressive causes
It would be great if you had
- Experience creating and managing tickets in JIRA
- Engineering experience, with AWS, PostgreSQL, GraphQL and/or Angular
- Demonstrated success with client engagement
- Working remotely with a great team of like-minded progressives
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Technology allowance
- Health and wellness allowance
- Professional development benefits
Action Squared is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, the nation of origin, age, languages are spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
This position has a salary range of $90,000-$110,000 commensurate with your experience. There is no commission structure included. The employee will be within the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union structure, IFPTE Local 70.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/action-network-product-manager